The nominating process for the election of new board members to the 21st Century Norman Seniors Association has concluded. We are happy to have several new candidates and look forward to the election which will be held on October 12th. Following seating of the new board, we will have an election to select management positions and committee chairs for several positions.
The management positions consist of:
- President, our interface to the public, government and voluntary organizations and responsible for day to day operations.
- Vice-President, responsible for membership planning and acting as president when necessary.
- Executive Director, Senior Center, who is responsible for ensuring progress toward completing a senior center in line with our strategic vision.
- Executive Director, Advocacy, who works to determine the needs of the community and develops the association’s position on those needs.
- Secretary, who maintains all of the records of the association.
- Treasurer, who conducts the financial affairs of the association.
In addition to the management positions, in this election, the board will select three committee chairpersons:
- Strategic Planning, responsible for developing the long term strategy of the association
- Legal Compliance, responsible for ensuring the the actions of the association are in compliance with the law.
- Fundraising, responsible for ensuring the long term financial viability of the association.
I urge you to consider standing for election for one of the management or committee chairperson positions. Any member of the association is eligible to run for the positions and being new to the operating process will not be a deterrent for your selection. Our organization is very interested in having new people bring varying views to the organization.
Please email me at email@example.com before October 12th with your preference if you would like to run for one of the positions to be selected. If you have questions about the positions email me and I will be happy to answer them for you.