Thank you for being a member of the 21st Century Norman Seniors Association. I know you joined because you have a passion for helping improve the situation of seniors in our community. There are many things that can be done to improve our city and its interaction with seniors and our association is geared to advocating for making Norman one of the best places in the country for seniors.
Opportunities for you to make a bigger impact exist and one of those opportunities is coming up in October. Our association will have two elections that month, one to chose a new board of directors and one to select the management positions for overseeing the association. All board and management positions are open to all members of the association and I would like for you to consider nominating yourself or someone you know for one of them. I know that moving our organization forward and making it better is a challenge you can see yourself undertaking.
The management positions consist of:
- President, our interface to the public, government and voluntary organizations and responsible for day to day operations.
- Vice-President, responsible for membership planning and acting as president when necessary.
- Executive Director, Senior Center, who is responsible for ensuring progress toward completing a new stand-alone senior center in line with our strategic vision.
- Executive Director, Advocacy, who works to determine the needs of the community and develops the association’s position on those needs.
- Secretary, who maintains all of the records of the association.
- Treasurer, who conducts the financial affairs of the association.
In addition to the management positions, the board will select three committee chairpersons:
- Strategic Planning, responsible for developing the long term strategy of the association
- Legal Compliance, responsible for ensuring the the actions of the association are in compliance with the law.
- Fundraising, responsible for ensuring the long term financial viability of the association.
I urge you to consider standing for election to the board and one of the management or committee positions. If you are willing to do so, please send your name and a short synopsis of your background by September 22, to:
If you would like more information about the election process or the responsibilities of the board or any management or committee position you can also send your questions to Richard Bailey at the email above.
Thank you for considering doing more to help the association move forward.
Chairman, Nominating Committee